The one thing I hated when it came time for my kids to get graduation photos, was the 10 different packages, that seem to cost a small fortune for even the lowest of offers. On top of that, after you get the photos taken, you are offered 5 more packages of photo prints from a sales person that is trying to squeeze as much out of the process as they can! Pushy sales tactics is just not my style and my goal is to build a relationship that will last a lifetime, not get rich off one photo shoot!
My feelings are if you are happy with my price, satisfied with the quality and enjoy working with me, then you will always use me as your photographer! This is not just a one time deal where I take your senior photos and cash in on making a few hundred dollars. I am building the relationship for your engagement photos, family photos, baby photos, pet photos and much more!
With getting your Senior Portraits done with Cruver Photography, you get:
- Photo shoot in a location of your choice. Some senior portrait photographers will ONLY shoot outside. I believe in shooting the session where you are comfortable and the style of photo that you want. If you want outside by the lake, we will go to the lake. If you want outside in a field, we will find a field. The photos are your senior portraits so make them what you want!
- You are allowed to change your outfit as much as you need. I do not concern myself with the little bit of time it takes for you to change. Many photographers lay a guideline or restriction on the amount of times you can change because it takes up more of their time, I am the opposite. I want you to be happy and satisfied so change as often as you need. I recommend changing into a different outfit at least once that will remind you of the school such as sports uniform, musical band outfit or something with your high school name on the shirt.
- An online gallery where you can review and mark your favorites for editing. Those favorites will then be edited so prints and products can be ordered or depending on session ordered, the files may be downloaded with a supplied personal print release for you to do as you wish.
- My editing style is clean and simple, but we were all teenagers once as well, and I know that skin can be unpredictable and cause you some stress headaches. If you are concerned about what an acne mark, freckle or other distinguishing mark will appear, let me know and I will remove it. Photoshop makes life easy these days and I can crop those pimples right out of the photo……and NO I do not charge extra for it. All of my photos are edited and that is the way it should be!
- That being said we do also offer stylized and/or composited photos to show off your senior in a epic photo of their favorite school sport or interest.
We offer two type of senior portrait packages:
- Print Package $75 – This package allows you to have your photos captured and placed on my website for individual print and merchandise purchases. You are the only one able to see these photos and there is no need to come into a studio to view them. You will be given a login ID and password on the day of the session. This will be used to access your images when they are uploaded to the server. This package is great for people that are interested in only purchasing a few photos. This package is less expensive and is also great for allowing friends and family to purchase images from your session.
- Digital Package $150 – This package allows you to have their photos captured and all images are placed in an online gallery which can be downloaded. You are given a personal/non-commercial license for print release that will allow you to print images at the photo lab of your choice. This package is great for people that are going to be purchasing large amounts of images or for those not interested in using a professional print lab that I use on my website. ** Images are color corrected to match my professional print lab, your results will vary.
Please refer to copyright statement for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my session last?
Cruver Photography is unique in the fact that we are unlike other photographers when it comes to the time for each session. Many other photographers limit your time for photos to 30 minutes per session. I never put a time frame on the sessions because I don’t want my clients to feel rushed and I never want to say, “We didn’t have enough time to get that shot”. I want each session to be relaxed and enjoyable. With most senior portrait sessions, we go to several different locations so I usually tell my clients expect to spend about 2 hours with me.
Where will the session be?
This is really up to the student and parents. Some seniors want their images captured on a sports field at the high school, some want them a local park. The choice is totally up to you. **
Can other people be included in my photos?
Absolutely! Again, this is totally up to the student and the parents. Some seniors want a photo of their best friend from high school and some want a special family member. There is no additional cost and you’re more than welcome to bring who you want for your session!
I don’t want the same photos as everyone else. Can you make mine original?
Certainly! These are your photos and I want you to be 100% happy and satisfied with your photos so pick the poses that you and your parents like. Some people like funny poses, some like formals, some enjoy serious and some people just want to wing it and decide when we get on location. Pinterest is a great resource for viewing various poses. I suggest you go on and print the poses that you want. We will make sure we give you a good variety to choose from as well but we always love for our clients to have a selection when it comes to poses.
Can I incorporate my car into the photos?
Sure! Why not? You are more than welcome to use not only your car but we encourage you to bring a few props like your favorite sport in school, maybe a piece of band equipment or anything that will make you remember your time in high school, years from now when you look back at the photos.
I really like a certain look, but I’m not sure where to go for the location. Can you help plan out the locations based on the type of look I want?
Certainly! When we discuss what you want, let me know what you have in mind and I can show you some examples of places I have shot in the past. This will give you an idea of what to expect at that location.
If it rains, do you have a studio to shoot at?
I do have a small studio but if you want outdoor photos we will gladly reschedule your session at a more convenient time.
Will these images be posted online or any social networks?
This is totally up to you and your parents. Some people prefer not having their images posted online and I respect their wishes. I always ask if it is ok to share a few photos on our social media page of the session before posting.
How do we go about securing our session?
You may call, email or leave me a message on social media to determine if I am available for your specific date. I strongly encourage you to contact me as early as possible to make sure I am available. In order to reserve the date, there is a $25 deposit that is required. Once we agree on a date, I will email you a digital invoice that you may pay the deposit with a credit card or pay pal.
Will you be taking our photos or will one of your assistants be taking our photos?
I will always be the photographer taking your photos. There are times when I use an assistant, who just so happens to be my wife, but at no time do I ever use an assistant for your senior portraits.
How many outfit changes can we have?
You may change as often as you want. We do not limit the time and we never tell people that they can’t change into various outfits.
I really don’t like “X” about me or I have a pimple. Can we shoot around it?
Certainly! First thing I will do is talk with you about what type of pictures you prefer and what do you not like. When we go over this, let me know of anything that you are nervous or worried about. I can edit any photo to get rid of a blemish or mark that you are unhappy with during the time of your shoot.
How long will it take for my photos to be on the website to be viewed or received?
For most normal photo sessions, your photos will be completed within 72 hours. I make it a priority to get your photos back to you as soon as possible so you can enjoy your photos and share them with your friends and family. At busy times, I tell people expect 1 week turnaround.
What days are you available to shoot senior portrait sessions?
My availability for senior portrait session is mostly limited to evenings and weekends.
Can I order more prints/products later?
Your photos will remain online and available for purchase on my password protected website for 1 year from the date of the session. If for some reason, you need to purchase an image after the 1 year, send me an email and I can make it available to you.
Why is your logo on all the photos? Will the logo be on the prints?
Being in the photography industry, my best form of advertising is people seeing my logo on your images that you share on social media. These images are specifically meant to be shared on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other various forms of social media. When you receive your printed images or products, there is no watermark/logo on the images.
What type of payments do you accept?
Session fees can be paid by Cash, Checks, Money Orders and Paypal. Products can be paid for by debit or credit cards.
** Up to 35 miles is included in the sessions fees, there could be additional charges per mile over 35.